https://greengateleadership.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/MassAppeal_ShowGraphic_650x366-2.jpg 366 650 Ken Dolan-Del Vecchio https://greengateleadership.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Ken-Dolan2-1-1.png Ken Dolan-Del Vecchio2020-07-07 13:30:152020-10-21 14:18:47Helping Our Children Be Upstanders for Social Justice
- Social justice offenses happen every day and close at hand.
- They include everything from jokes told about particular kinds of people, disrespectful/hurtful treatment, and stereotyping people of particular genders, backgrounds, and skin colors.
- When we are present and say nothing (act as bystanders) we support these offenses.
- When we speak up to disagree, we become upstanders, supporters of social justice.
- This takes courage because it breaks the “solidarity rule” that the one who makes these offenses relies upon.
- Upstanders keep solidarity with those who are the victims of social injustice, not with those who commit injustices.