http://greengateleadership.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/massppeal-1.jpg 334 600 Ken Dolan-Del Vecchio http://greengateleadership.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Ken-Dolan2-1-1.png Ken Dolan-Del Vecchio2019-12-10 19:44:312020-10-21 14:18:47The Most Memorable Holiday Gifts
The Most Memorable Holiday Gifts
- The most valuable things in life aren’t things!
- Over time, we tend to lose interest in new toys, gadgets, and clothes. And each of these eventually wears out.
- Fond memories, on the other hand, just get better with time.
- Keep this in mind when it comes to holiday giving.
- Make some of your gifts experiences instead of things:
- Give an introductory painting, cooking, ceramics, photography, yoga, dance, scuba, or some other kind of class that your recipient has said they’d like to try. Sign yourself up as well!
- Give dinner reservations (or a dinner that you prepare) followed by tickets to a play, music, or comedy performance your recipient has been dying to see.
- Perhaps you’ll give of your time and talent by offering to help with a project your friend has been wanting to get around to doing: painting a room, organizing their home office, planting a garden, or updating their resume.
- Giving experiential gifts to our children is particularly important. It helps them develop the habit of resisting the ever-present advertising messages designed to convince them that buying things is the route to happiness.
- Make one of their gifts a weekend in Boston, NYC, or some other place they’d like to visit during which you’ll do things that they love.
- Schedule a weekend camping, hiking, or skiing adventure.
- Schedule time to take them rollerblading, ice-skating, or doing something else that they enjoy.
- Plan shared participation in a Habitat for Humanity, Foodbank, or other volunteer project or activity.
- The suggestions offer a starting place for thinking about the kinds of experiences enjoyed by the people you love, as well as experiences that you enjoy doing together.
- Keep in mind that the gift of a shared experience can become a memory that will be cherished for a long time to come.
- Giving experiential gifts may also become a tradition that will enrich your family.
Almost all of the things you say is supprisingly legitimate and it makes me ponder why I hadn’t looked at this in this light previously. Your piece really did turn the light on for me personally as far as this specific issue goes. But there is actually one particular issue I am not too comfortable with and whilst I try to reconcile that with the central idea of the issue, permit me see exactly what the rest of the subscribers have to point out.Very well done.
Thanks for your comment!